As mentioned on our last NHS Midlands Greener Delivery Board meeting, the Midlands Greener NHS team have been working to arrange a regional virtual roadshow for NHS organisations and their people to find out more about the NHS carbon ‘net zero’ target – and how everyone can play their part in creating a greener NHS right here in the Midlands.
The date for that event has now been confirmed:
- Date: Wednesday 3 November
- Time: 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Booking: You can secure your place at Midlands regional roadshow by booking-on via this link. A link to the Microsoft Teams meeting will be shared nearer the time of the event.
The event will mark ‘one year on’ from the NHS becoming the first health system in the world to set an ambitious net zero target and will coincide with the UK hosting COP26, the UK’s international climate change conference.
The event is designed for anyone with an interest in creating a greener NHS, including everyone from system sustainability leads and estates managers to frontline staff.
The regional roadshow will also be a chance to find out more about the national and regional work that’s already underway to help ‘green’ the NHS, as well as hearing how NHS people across the East and West Midlands are bringing that work to life through examples of good practice from across medicines, estates and facilities, procurement and the supply chain, travel and transport and PPE.
Sessions on the day will include:
- An introduction from Joan Walley, Chair of the Midlands Regional Greener NHS Delivery Board
- An overview of national and Midlands Greener NHS activity
- Breakout sessions that share case studies and good practice from across the Midlands
- A special guest presentation from community activist and Incredible Edible founder, Pam Warhurst
Anyone attending the event will also have the opportunity to help shape this work in future, as well as finding out how they can get involved in this important work in future.
If you have any questions about the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org