There has been an increasing trend of COVID-19 phishing and SMS text message scams.
There are currently five key trends:
- Fake URL links claiming to redirect you to GOV.UK website to claim relief payments.
- Lockdown fines suggesting you have breached government regulations.
- Offers of health supplements that will prevent you from being infected.
- Financial support that appears to be from your bank.
- Fake text messages claiming to be from the NHS advising individuals that they are eligible to apply for vaccine, but requiring sensitive data such as financial information to make a payment.