The CCG is looking to recruit Involvement Champions from a variety of backgrounds to help us hear the voices of our diverse population.
Whether you want to find out more about NHS services, support your local community or add a leadership role to your CV, if you have good local knowledge and like a challenge this is the volunteering role for you.
You will be given the opportunity to support your local community, whilst gaining new skills and at the same time helping your local NHS ensure services meet the needs of your community and our population.
What is involved?
Involvement Champions are volunteers who, with training and support, help to champion the involvement needs of communities; to ensure their collective voices are heard by the CCG, including voices from seldom heard and marginalised groups. The Involvement Champions can empower and motivate people to get involved in health‑promoting activities, signpost people to relevant services and create groups to meet local needs.
Individuals will act as a point of contact between NHS Lincolnshire CCG and a group that they are a part of. They will present the view points and feedback about health services from their communities and groups to the CCG so that we can hear and act on the patient voice from the community we serve.
Who can become an Involvement Champion?
- Anyone who lives in Lincolnshire
- Anyone who is part of a local Lincolnshire group or has the opportunity to regularly speak to local people and communities e.g. colleagues, neighbours, friends, social and support, sports groups
What will we do with the information you share from your community?
The CCG will:
- Share this information with the relevant services, and ask them to act and respond to any feedback or concerns in order to improve.
- Look at this information alongside other routes of patient feedback, for example from patient participation groups, surveys and listening clinics to identify any trends and steer any future engagement needs.
- Share this intelligence with CCG decision makers to influence future commissioning priorities and improve the services we commission.
Expressions of interest
Please return any paper copies by post to: Claire Hornsby, Engagement Manager
Bridge House, Unit 16, Lions Way, The Point, Sleaford, NG34 8GG by Monday 9 August 2021.
If you would like to talk us about this before you apply please call Claire Hornsby on 07890 047 409