Lincolnshire Recognition is a new countywide tree-planting programme, created to reward and honour the Lincolnshire NHS team’s commitment, endurance, and skill throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
To request your free sapling visit www.lincolnshirerecognition.co.uk and follow the instructions. On this website you can also register to be part of the honorary NHS Woodland Lincolnshire tree-planting programme and share your own COVID-19 pandemic story.
Maz Fosh, Chair of the Lincolnshire People Board:
“Lincolnshire’s NHS staff have always shown great commitment to the people in their care, never more so than in recent times. Lincolnshire is indebted to NHS staff in the county who have demonstrated commitment, endurance, and skill during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Lincolnshire Recognition is our way of saying ‘thank you’ for your service by offering you the chance to plant a commemorative tree and tell your COVID-19 pandemic story.
We hope you and your loved ones will cherish your tree, wherever you choose for it to grow.”
Lincolnshire Recognition Roadshow
The Lincolnshire Recognition Roadshow will be visiting NHS sites near you, so that you can collect the sapling you have chosen and get planting!
The Lincolnshire Recognition team are holding at least two roadshow events at each town they are visiting, with the events running between 11am and 2pm.
The Lincolnshire Recognition Roadshow events are as follows:
- Thursday 28 April, 11am – 2pm, Venture House, PE21 7TW
- Thursday 5 May, 11am – 2pm, grassed area adjacent to the Pilgrim Restaurant, PE21 9QS
- Tuesday 3 May, 11am – 2pm, Bourne Health Clinic, PE10 9XA
- Wednesday 4 May, 11am – 2pm, Grantham Hospital, NG31 8DG
- Tuesday 26 April, 11am – 2pm, St Georges, Long Leys Road, LN1 1FS
- Thursday 5 May, 11am – 2pm, Cross O’Cliff Court, Bracebridge Heath, LN4 2HN
- Friday 29 April, 11am – 2pm, Louth Hospital, LN11 0EU
- Friday 29 April, 11am – 2pm, Skegness Hospital, PE25 2BS
- Thursday 28 April, 11am – 2pm, Bridge House, NG34 8GG
- Wednesday 4 May, 11am – 2pm, Bridge House, NG34 8GG
- Tuesday 3 May, 11am – 2pm, Johnson Community Hospital, PE11 3DT