The UK has been placed in full lock down restrictions due to very rapidly rising levels of infections across the Country.
Please see what this means to our current working arrangements – National Lockdown – Current working arrangements
LRF Communications Briefing – Covid19
Topic: Stay at Home
- You must not leave or be outside of your home except where necessary.
Work from home ‐ unless it’s impossible to work from home (e.g. people who work within critical national infrastructure, construction or manufacturing). You can provide voluntary or charitable services if you cannot reasonably do so from home.
- Essential activities
You can shop for basic necessities for you or a vulnerable person or someone self-isolating.
- Medical Reasons
You can attend medical appointments, seek medical care or flee the threat of harm of domestic abuse.
You can exercise alone and with your household (or support bubble) or with one other person outside of your household adhering to social distancing, ideally once a day and locally. You should not travel outside your local area.
- Education and Childcare
You can only attend education or childcare for those eligible. Childcare bubbles can be formed.
- Meeting others
It is against the law to meet socially with family and friends unless they are part of your household or support bubble.
Topic: Education (Schools and Colleges closed) and Childcare
- All Primary and Secondary Schools and Colleges will move to remote learning until half-term in mid-February. Excluding children of key workers and the vulnerable.
- Early Years settings will remain open and childcare bubbles will apply.
- Alternative arrangements will be put in place for all exams this Summer.
- Children entitled to free school meals will continue to get them while schools are closed. Devices will be distributed to support remote learning.
Topic: Clinical Extremely Vulnerable
• Clinically extremely vulnerable people must stay at home.
• Over this period, we are advising the clinically extremely vulnerable to work from home. If you cannot work from home, you are advised not to go to work and may be eligible for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS), Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Employment Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit.
• We are advising this group to stay at home as much as possible, except to go outdoors for exercise or to attend health appointments. You may wish to meet up with one other person from outside your household or support bubble, for example, to exercise in an outdoor public place. You should always try to do so as safely as possible by maintaining social distancing. Please follow the guidance set out in the shielding section of the CEV guidance.
Topic: Meeting Others
- You cannot leave your home to meet socially with anyone you do not live with or are not in a support bubble with.
- You can exercise on your own, with one other person, or with your household or support bubble.
LRF comms team