The Lincolnshire Health and Care Collaborative
The local health and care system has established the Lincolnshire Health and Care Collaborative (LHCC) as the partnership that will drive forward the provision of high quality, cost effective integrated health and care in Lincolnshire.
Colleagues will be aware that local services are working in a context that is changing from active competition to partnerships, closer integration and local collaboration.
This closer working together will make and support changes that make sense for Lincolnshire citizens and that make best use of the Lincolnshire pound.
We are committed to sharing the results of service transformation activity in an open and transparent way to ensure awareness and ownership.
This work includes the improvements needed to move the Lincolnshire system out of the national recovery support programme. We’ve spoken previously that Lincolnshire has challenges in our finances and the quality of some services that has meant that as a countywide system we have been placed in the national support programme to help us make necessary improvements. Some initial work has taken place to identify initial key areas of focus. we can work together on to make impactful change and these include:
- Prescribing – in particular, mental health prescribing
- Care closer to home
- Muscular skeletal problems.
Initial scoping work has now taken place and it will now be the responsibility of the Provider Collaborative to progress this work to the next stage. More information and opportunities to be involved will follow on what this means for local services and how we can make the necessary changes. Please look out for details.
The LHCC will continue to review and broaden its membership as it develops. In delivering integrated health and care in Lincolnshire the LHCC will engage with the new Integrated Care Board and strategic commissioning colleagues.
The LHCC is the collaborative for Lincolnshire but we recognise that it will not be the only collaborative in Lincolnshire.
- The health and care working context is changing from active competition to partnerships, integration and local collaboration.
- As provider organisations we have developed a close partnership and are working in collaboration to improve the offer we make to local citizens by taking opportunities to integrate.
- To do this we will work inclusively and expansively with all partners.
- We will make and support changes that make sense for Lincolnshire citizens and that make best use of the Lincolnshire pound.
- We are committed to sharing the results of service transformation activity that is conducted by the provider collaborative in an open and transparent way to ensure ownership and knowledge.
- We are an engaged, values driven collaboration where all voices are encouraged, heard and where we co-produce solutions, working together.
For more information, please see Appendix 2 – Provider Collaborative Development