April is Stress Awareness Month, so we wanted to give colleagues further information to spot the signs of stress and burnout and remind you of the support we have available.
The last two years has seen a unprecedented demand placed on healthcare services and organisations but our desire to provide a good quality service for our patients has remained.
This has undoubtedly taken its toll and there will be many who have felt, or still feel stressed and even for some you will be in danger of experiencing burnout.
- Putting too much effort into tasks
- Experiencing stronger emotions – both positive and negative
- Feeling anxious and hyper-alert
- Having less energy
- Feeling a physical toll
It is key to remember you don’t have to suffer alone and there is plenty of help available. If you feel that you need to reach out for more support, then our Lincolnshire Staff Wellbeing Hub, continues to be available for all health and care staff across Lincolnshire.
What is burnout and how do you recognise the signs
- Finding it hard to put any effort in.
- Experiencing blunted, or numb, emotions.
- Feeling helpless and emotionally drained.
- Having less motivation.
- Feeling an emotional toll.
- Physical, mental and emotional exhaustion.
- Feeling overwhelmed.
- Feelings of hopelessness and helplessness.
- Feelings of resentment.
Burnout can result from various factors, including:
- Lack of control and an inability to influence decisions that affect parts of your life, including your job.
- Unclear expectations.
- Dysfunctional workplace dynamics.
- Extreme activity levels and fatigue.
- Lack of social support.
- Work-life imbalance.
- Changing roles and work environments.
Ways the Staff Wellbeing Hub can help
Call the Emotional Wellbeing helpline on 01522 518609 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
The hub also runs a series of workshops centred on sleep, burnout, boosting your confidence and self-esteem as well as circle of wellbeing sessions.
See what resources are available for you at
Or visit the Staff support and wellbeing area on the staff intranet.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.