We want to extend a warm welcome to the MMO team (Medicines Management Optimisation Team) who TUPED from OPTUM to LCCG on the 1 May.
The team of six, who have been working in partnership with the CCG for many years, have joined the small existing CCG team to create a new in-house MMO service. The team are working with Sandra Williamson, Vic Townsend, Claire Hart, Emily Topham.
During the last year our working relationship with the team has become very close and their specialist knowledge and skills have been highly valuable to our COVID response and in supporting the COVID vaccination programme in Lincolnshire. We are delighted to have this team now working within Lincolnshire CCG where there are exciting opportunities to bring their medicines expertise into many of our own programmes, to develop relationships with our PCNs to support them with their medicines and prescribing priorities. They will be part of our wider system Pharmacy and Prescribing team, who along with their colleagues from our provider trusts and local authority and other system agencies are all committed to ensuring quality prescribing and improving outcomes for our patients through our Lincolnshire system medicines optimisation programme.
The team have a few core functions which many of you will already be familiar with including:
- Clinical advice and support in the use of medicines and pharmacy services, particularly in primary care.
- Specialist pharmaceutical knowledge in project and working groups.
- Policy and guidance development in relation to medicines use and management.
- Governance and oversight of pharmaceutical aspects of projects and programmes i.e. COVID-19 Vaccination programme.
- Support to the Independent Funding Review Panel (IFR) and administration of Prescribing & Clinical Effectiveness Forum (PACEF)
- Delivery of a programme of quality improvement across the system to improve prescribing practice, reduce variation and champion best practice.
The new team members are: Asma Ahmed, Rebecca Gemmell, Allison Hirst, Cathy Johnson, Amardeep Nahal and Susanne Sand-Schafer.
We welcome our new colleagues to the CCG and the MMO team look forward to working with partners across the system to deliver a challenging and beneficial programme of work over the coming year.
John Turner – Chief Executive, LCCG