An Annual Health Check is done by your doctor once a year. Your doctor will take a closer look at how you are doing – making sure you’re healthy.
- It is available for most people aged 14 and older with a learning disability at GP surgeries that offer the service.
- You don’t need to be ill to get a health check, but you can ask your doctor about anything that is hurting or worrying you.
- It is a good way to get to know your doctor better, and for them to find out more about you.
You can find out if you can get a health check by asking your doctor.
Resources for people with a Learning Disability
- Dont Miss Out – on your LD Registration – NHS
- Health check Easy read leaflet (Mencap)
- Annual health checks – Easy read (Mencap)
- Learning Disability Health Checks Newsletters